X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MourningWood
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2021

Delta 36-451 question

As mentioned in my intro post, we recently moved to another state and I had to leave my table saw behind. It was an old Craftsman 113 series that was originally sold to me as a paperweight for $25; $200-something and a lot of elbow grease later, I restored it to its former glory, with some add-ons such as a W1419 fence. Had it for a couple years and it paid itself off many times over, so I didn’t feel particularly nostalgic when I left it to my BIL. It went to a good home and earned me some major karma points.

After a week of scouring the local classifieds, and some rather comical and/or disappointing encounters with different saws and the people who were selling them, I found my diamond in the rough - a US made Delta 36-451 in mint condition, with a full swag package including a sliding table and a Unifence.

Problem is, I can’t seem to find a manual for it. Everywhere I looked refers to a 36-451X model which is a left tilt and does not include the sliding table. I’m sure I can figure it all out myself, but why not save time and ask. Is anyone here familiar with this model, particularly with the sliding compound ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

EBay has slews of them, and lots of accessories. The sliding table was an option and would have its own manual

Comment

• MourningWood
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by capncarl
      EBay has slews of them, and lots of accessories. The sliding table was an option and would have its own manual
      If by “slews of them” you mean the manuals, they’re all for the 36-451X. Besides, why buy something one can download at manualslib.com ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by MourningWood; 04-13-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

If you knew you could download it at manuals library.com. Why did you ask?
        The x at the end of the model number most likely means it was mfg in usa, with the remaining production coming from overseas using the same model number without x.
        You are welcome.

Comment

Working...