• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Dust collection failure

As work continues on the new shop I'm at the trim stage and the plumber is coming to finish the bathroom on Monday.

I needed to plane the window and door jamb extensions from 3/4 to 5/8. The electrical is passed and the dust collector can be powered powered up. I found the adapter for 8" to 3 4" connections and some 4" collection hose. Got the planer out of the back room after moving the table saw and a few other items to get to it.

After openeing a dozen boxes in the back room and as many in the garge, I could not for the life of me find the dust hood for the planer to connect it. The resulting mess is shown below but the jamb extensions are ready for sanding and finishing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2154.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	843029

Also in my search, I found the floor sweep handle for the dust collector, but now I don't remember where I saw it so it is on to the broom and shop vac.
    Chr's
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Dust hoods are important inside, and outside on some brands.

I have a Delta, and without the hood and DC system, a lot of shavings fall back in and the outfeed roller rolls over it - making indentions all over the just planed wood!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...