X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomatch1
    Handtools only
    • Sep 2020

Table saw angle adjustment

I have a Craftsman table saw, 24x24 and the blade angle will not adjust as far as vertical,,,It is close. but it just stops short of being vertical. 1 or 2 degrees?
    Is there common sort of thing that causes this? it seems clean, not rusty.
    Anyone have any first trouble shooting steps for this issue?
    If you need more info or pictures, tell me so.
    Yes, I a newbie here.
    Barry
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

A lot of table saws will have a vertical adjustment stop so that when you hit it you are exactly at zero (or 90°) so you can find it quickly and return.
    There is usually a bolt head that can be adjusted in or out to set such a stop. You'll need to look at the mechanism carefully, and there are all different sorts, but its probably there. There will also be one at the opposite end to set exactly 45° stop.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Nomatch1
      Handtools only
      • Sep 2020

OK, Loring, next time I will try to make it harder,,,there is an allen head adjuster that is ON TOP of the table to the left of the blade. There is one on the right side of the blade which I left alone, which I imagine is the 45 degree stop.
      Did a test cut and it is dead on.
      Thanks so much.
      Barry

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

No problem. Enjoy your woodworking. I hope you find this site useful for other information.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...