X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

New Circ Saw!

Probably way more say than I need but what the heck. Price was too good for me to pass up. Can't wait to try it out. Just in time to do some demo work on the roof.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Saw and drill along side their replacement. Amazing how much more power the saw has comparatively. The shorter cuts are where the older saw stalled to a crawl. I could have ripped straight through with the 60V. By no means a fair comparison since the old saw has and older duller blade but I'm pretty sure even with a new blade the results wouldn't have been that much better. This is just based on how I remember the saw struggling when the blade was new. Without the battery they both weight about the same. Too lazy to get the actual numbers. But even with the bigger battery the new saw didn't seem that much heavier. The only thing I don't really like about it is the right side blade. I'm right handed so cutting on the line is harder. But I won't be using this for precise cuts anyways.

The drill is also great. Lots of power and much smaller and lighter footprint. Plus has hammerdrill function that the older drill did not. Time will tell but so far results have pretty good.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Looks like a nice setup. I have some older DeWalt 18 volt stuff and have never had an issue.
      Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

I keep thinking of what tools will be in 10 years. The last 10 years, (5 really) have had some great strides forward in power in cordless. Wish I had had this when 25 years ago.

My main wish now is in one particular area: Routers. Most all (except for Bosch) cordless routers are a tad on the top heavy side due to the top mounted batteries. Don't know how to overcome that but it would be nice.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by leehljp
          I keep thinking of what tools will be in 10 years. The last 10 years, (5 really) have had some great strides forward in power in cordless. Wish I had had this when 25 years ago.

My main wish now is in one particular area: Routers. Most all (except for Bosch) cordless routers are a tad on the top heavy side due to the top mounted batteries. Don't know how to overcome that but it would be nice.
          That's next on my list for cordless tools. Are you talking about the 12v bosch? That's the one that's on the top of my list but that will make it the 5th brand of cordless tools so I'm reluctant to pull the trigger. My charger station looks ridiculous as it is. But if a smoking deal pops up I doubt I'll be able to resist.

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Yes, that is the one.
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...