X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffripcut
    Handtools only
    • Nov 2016

table saw not cutting square

Hello Guys, new member here. I have a question about a Craftsman, mod.113298761 10'' Table Saw

that my dad gave me. It was not cutting square, ( 1/16 off on a 4'' board). He bought a new table saw and told me if I wanted it, to take it and see if I could fix it. We tried, with no success, to adjust the trunnion with a dial caliper. every time we thought we had it set, the test cut was off again. My question: Is the arbor bearing the next step to try? thanks for your time and advice in advance.
    Jeff
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

It might be time for bearings. My powermatic didn't seem to want to stay aligned, after several attempts I found Edward Bennett s site tablesawalignment.com and joined his site. ( for some reason the site doesn't seem to be working right now, maybe it is still active) he has a really good instructional for aligning the saw. He sells a kit to assist in the alignment that makes it so much easier and for some reason after the kit is installed it seems to stay aligned? Since his site is not working maybe this photo of peachtrees alignment tool will help you, it looks the same as his, probably is mfg'd by Bennett.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3482.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	828218

Comment

• jeffripcut
      Handtools only
      • Nov 2016

Thanks so much capncarl for your time and advice. I have learned since my post that the table top may need to be adjusted. I'll look into that first. Hope to be making some sawdust soon!
      jeff

Comment

Working...