• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Grizzly Belt/Spindle Sander

Grizzly Belt/SpindleSander. I was at Grizzly Springfield today and saw a sander that I haven't seen before. I thought only Ridgid made combination Belt/spindle sanders. IIRC, the sign said introduction sale of $154.95 or close, but on line it says $164.95 with reg price being 219.95.
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/Osci...campaign=zPage

IF I didn't already have a fairly good HF spindle sander, I would certainly look at this one.

I also talked with a couple of salesmen who mentioned the Pennsylvania shop closing. They also mentioned a fall Springfield parking lot sale and they just had one here last week. It is rare for them to have two parking lot sales in a year, but this one will be for clearance of some of the Penn stock.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I wonder if the dust collection will be any better than the RIdgid. I have the Ridgid and love it, but I haven't tried a Grizzly tool yet I haven't liked.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

I have the Ridgid and I like it. I don't use it much, though, since most of my stuff isn't curvy.

If I wanted a combo, I'd probably stick with the Ridgid. I think new, they are $200. I got mine from CL with almost no use for $150. I guess a new Grizzly would come with a warranty, though.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Yeah, the Ridgid has held the price tag at $199.99 for several years now... I think after shipping, the Grizzly isn't compelling at all. Maybe if Grizzly could drop the price point and eat shipping then it might be worth it, but the EB4424 is a well proven machine that comes in at an attractive price point.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tfischer
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
          • BT3100

The ridgid is one of my favorite tools. I don't do much curvy stuff either, but that's why I use the belt sander most the time - it's perfect for taking just a little bit off pieces, cleaning up joinery, etc.

And I always thought the ridgid did an excellent job at dust collection, considering we're talking about a tool that by design rips dust off your project and tries to fling it across the room. I always think it's cool seeing the dust come off the belt, whip around the corner, and get sucked up by the DC. But then I use a real DC, not a shop vac, so the airflow is pretty good.

It's cool that Grizzly is giving another option. It's strange how some of the parts look very close to the Ridgid, but the overall design is different. The table on this one looks a lot smaller, for example... I like the size of the table on the Ridgid as you can do larger projects such as the harp I posted about in another thread the other day.
          Last edited by tfischer; 06-26-2016, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...