• Show
Clear All
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

HF Products to avoid

A new discussion just to make it easier to find.

And since there is an older thread for this, we could always refer to it : Worst buys from HF.

Would be interesting if anybody's recent experience shows that passing of time has made any of the products in that thread better !

Anyway, the most detestable POS for me has been the 'Circle Cutter'.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Good list addition. Always hear about the good buys from HF, but not as much on the one's that are a POS
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I've got one...
      Drill Master #38425 Hole Saw Kit...
      The pilot bit "flat spot" where the set screw locks down is too far in.
      The threads on the mandrel are very soft metal.
      The combination of the two resulted in blown out threads and a wobbly hole saw... I have fixed it now by rethreading, replacing the bit with a throw out Ace bit... A real POS.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Another one. #1852-7VGA Corner clamps. These things seem to be designed with self backing out threads. They simply don't hold... I had to fiddle too much with them to make them work for a glue up.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Been a while since I brought it up, but the larger hole saw set (I do not recall the item #, and I can't find it on their site). They have one that goes up to 5". I used it on Hardi Panel KNOWING I would trash it. The abor is MUCH better than my earlier one, but the cups are only sort of round... I used them to more or less score the hardie, to provide a guide for where to cut with the jig saw... Other than that I can't think of any use beyond cutting drywall these could possibly be good for...

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

#5889 29 piece Ti coated drill bit set. These were given to me by a friend. Must be made in the same factory as the hole saws. Not even close to the marked dimensions, and they tend to wobble in an eccentric manner.

Comment

Working...