Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Ryobi PhoneWorks

Has anyone seen these?

I was at HD yesterday and noticed the stand with the PhoneWorks in the main isle. I am guessing it was several weeks old due to the number of modules taken from different sections.

I almost bought the "moisture meter" but decided against it. I want to get some reveiws before I buy one or even the other modules. The concept sure looks good, but I am a little afraid to use my smartphone in what could be potentionally dangerous envrionments for fragile tools.

A scope is something I have been wanting. But at $100.00 I want to see the reviews.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Very cool. I've been needing a new stud finder and for 20 bucks this might be it.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

once again, my Windows 8 phone is not included as compatible with the apps.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gerti
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
        • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

As cool as it seems, I'd pass:

- Prices are not really cheaper than stand-alone devices.
        - You depend on Ryobi to not actually write decent apps, but also to keep maintaining them over the years and working on new iOS versions.

Comment

Working...