• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Hitachi C12FDH

I was walking thru Lowes this morning and they had the C12FDH Hitachi 12" dual bevel miter saw yellow-tagged at $219 down from $299.

I'd been looking at the Hitachi 12" miter saws for several years really wanting a little bit bigger miter saw than the 10" I'd had for 12 years. It seemed like a pretty good price so I loaded the one they had in a box into a cart. The Lowes tool guy came and said the sale was over but he'd give it to me at the sale price since they hadn't taken the tag off.

Its home now but still in the back of the car. I'm going to have to change all by extended support rollers and stops on my home made miter saw station.

Good deal? Is it a good saw?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Fair deal but not a great deal. That $299 everyday price at Lowers is around $50 higher than many other places everyday price. It looks like Amazon customers give this saw a 4 Star rating so yes, I'd say it's a pretty good saw. If you're not afraid of reconditioned tools though, Big Sky has this saw, reconditioned, for $187.49 and currently offers free shipping on it.

Comment

Working...