X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goohs
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2012

foley belsaw 950 5hp planer molder

my friend inherited this 5hp 220v machine and if I hadn't just bought a planer I would buy it. The knives look great no nicks, unit is rusty but cleanable. I was wondering what she should be asking for this unit, Parts are still available but the unit is a moose.. She lives in central Wisconsin and it would have to be freight shipped.
    I've seen prices in the hight $500 bu I told her thatif she found someone to pick it up or pay the shipping she should part with it for around $375

Does sound reasonable, I don't want to mislead her.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Sounds like a beast. I'm sure for a machine of that age ('50s or '60s?) and that kind of capacity, size/shipping issues, power requirements (is it single phase?) there's a limited market but a new machine would be expensive. I would say that finding a buyer would have to take patience but could be rewarding. So how much you could get would depend upon how much space she has to store it and how much time she's willing to wait. Can you even plug it in (ha, probably needs a dedicated 20A 220V line) and see it work? Buyer will probably say he's taking a chance on its not working and ask for a reduction.

That's not the kind of thing most people leave in a will. Did she inherit it from a woodworker who willed one piece of machinery to each gandchild?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...