• Show
Clear All
  • Sawatzky
    Established Member
    • Apr 2005
    • CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

powertec planer blades for Delta 22-580 planer

I thought the blades on my Delta 22-580 had not been flipped but they have so I will probably need to replace the blades soon. The Delta replacements are $40 on Amazon, but there is a Powertec brand for almost half the price. They seem to get good reviews. Anyone have any experience with Powertec blades, specifically for the Delta 22-580 planer? Is it worth an extra $20 just because they are Delta brand?
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Try this go to this website , http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1287259 place the order for delivery to your local ACE Hardware and then use this to help save a few more bucksI'd use the 40% of coupon myself,lol
    Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• jdon
      Established Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Snoqualmie, Wash.
      • BT3100

Check out Lowes- I bought a couple of sets of Porter Cable blades (PC22562)- selling for 29.98. They fit my Delta 22-560 perfectly (which uses 22-562 knives), and seem just as sharp (judging by finger nicks while installing ) and as long lasting as the Deltas.

The PC305TP sure looks like a Delta rebadge, not surprisingly, given the same company; the blades may be rebadged, as well.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I think the lower end Delta products, esp. benchtop products, were rebadged as Porter cable a couple of years back.

There has been a progression of delta tools from the Delta fold, for example the Delta 22-560 planer became the Delta Shopmaster TP-405 then became the Porter Cable TP-405, still basically the same tool.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...