• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Bosch T4B Gravity Rise Miter Saw Stand

There was a question or two a couple of weeks ago about a decent miter saw stand. It got me to thinking about what I had (HF MS Stand) and it is almost as much a pain as not having one. I have a 12" Makita (purchased in 2000) compound sliding miter saw - the predecessor to the Makita LS1216 and had it mounted on a Harbor Freight saw stand.

The HF is better than nothing but not by much. In using it considerably recently and with all the pain of setting it up and taking it down, moving it even with wheels, I decided what I wanted for Christmas - a GOOD miter saw stand - with wheels to move around.

After checking with reviews, the Bsoch T4B seemed to be the overall best Stand. Plus it has 9ft of extension vs most that are a shade under 8 (even though they claim 8 ft.).

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...l.aspx?pid=T4B

Amazon had it listed as $450 or something along that line which I thought was too much and moved on to looking at a Delta and DeWalt. Then I found the T4B on the Home Depot website for $279. Still a little high. But I discovered a $25.00 for any Bosch tool over $100 or so. I forget how much before the $25.00 discount kicks in.) I ordered it and on top of that, the shipping was free.

Now for the T4B: Fabulous! Fabulous! I guess I can appreciate it so much after having a HF stand!. It opens up and closes easily. Moves easily. The Makita went on with absolutley no problems. Sturdy, solid, a bit heavy but I don't need to lift it. Locks in place easy. Extension tubes are heavy duty and not flimsy. The end suppots have a stop to them and are adjustable so that the support is level with the saw.

IF I had a large shop, I might be tempted to build a permanent station for the Makita. However, with my limited shop room plus needing to move it to the work sites - shed, house inside for room remodeling, and outside normal 80 year old house repairs - this mobile stand is absolutley great.

A lot of money for a stand but it makes mobility and storage a breeze, along with easy set up, firm lock down and plain convenience!

My mind started wondering about my BT3000 that I still have not put back together since receiving it from Japan. I thought about one of these for that, but realized it would be too high. And then I discovered a Gravity Rise for small saws! Only $200. . . . Next year!
    Last edited by leehljp; 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • aggrex
    Established Member
    • Jan 2009
    • PA
    • Ridgid

That's a fantastic buy for the T4B especially when you really needed one plus free shipping. Got my T4B a few years ago when Lowes was clearing them out and it's been a great mobile stand.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I was very excited for a moment. I thought it had 4 terabytes of memory!
      Imagine my disappointment.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• RAV2
        Established Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Massachusetts

I have a 12" HF compound miter saw mounted on a RIGID Miter Saw Utility Vehicle:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Miter-Saw-Utility-Vehicle/

Can't beat this stand!

Get one if you can.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

One thing I noticed is that the center of gravity when closed/collapsed state - is the approximate the same when open and set up. This makes it seem easy and probably why they use the term "Gravity Rise". The fact that it is like this, it does not seem like anything is being "lifted" into place. There is a small amount of force needed for movement (friction and mass), but it is not much from the need of "lifting" of the weight itself.

Rav, that looks like a very good stand. There is one similarity to the HF that I wanted to leave behind if possible. The extension supports. On several occasions, I have needed to move the HF stand, and with the "support" extensions down, I had to either re-adust in order to move or get someone to help "pick up" the unit and move it. The Ridgid has the same type of supports, while the Bosch unit has heavy duty extensions that do not need supports for 2X4 to 2X8 of 16 ft or less. I probably would not put that long of a 2X10 or 2X12 without some extra supports though.
          Last edited by leehljp; 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• ccoach
            Handtools only
            • Sep 2012

I too have a Ridgid stand, but this model:
            Mobile Saw Stand

I have the monstrously heavy Ridgid 12" slider on it, and it's very easy to setup the stand.

I do wish it had the extension leg supports, but I've worked around that short-coming pretty well so far.

I will note that stand in the packed position is pretty tall. I'm 6' tall but think anyone a bit 'less-tall' might find it to somewhat awkward to deal with.

Comment

Working...