• Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Peachtree Bench Vise

Does anyone have any experience with this vise? I have no bench yet, but at 1/2 price could these be a good deal? Or should the bench hardware really be "brand name" stuff?
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by chopnhack
    Does anyone have any experience with this vise? I have no bench yet, but at 1/2 price could these be a good deal? Or should the bench hardware really be "brand name" stuff?
    Get the vise, and then that will prompt you to make a bench. Price looks good. Worth a shot.

Comment

• newbie2wood
      Established Member
      • Apr 2004
      • NJ, USA.

I can't speak about the quality of this vise, but I had a similar one from Grizzly ( http://www.grizzly.com/products/Cabi...r-s-Vise/H7788 ). It works fine and was built sturdy. My vise does not come with a handle.

If you are thinking about buying it because it is on sale and not sure you would need it, its best to wait. The Grizzly's vise is only a few bucks more (everyday price).

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by newbie2wood
        I can't speak about the quality of this vise, but I had a similar one from Grizzly ( http://www.grizzly.com/products/Cabi...r-s-Vise/H7788 ). It works fine and was built sturdy. My vise does not come with a handle.

If you are thinking about buying it because it is on sale and not sure you would need it, its best to wait. The Grizzly's vise is only a few bucks more (everyday price).
        That Grizzly Cabinet Makers vise isn't exactly comparable, the one from Peachtree is a quick release vise...

I can't speak for the vise, but what I have ordered from Peachtree has always been top notch stuff. Maybe not brand name or anything, but well made and works very well.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

Still debating, just spent too much on clamps LOL
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...