X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spunjin
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2010

Picked up the planer today. Opened it up and there was no dust chute despite the picture on the box. No problem. I found one and ordered it for under $19. In the mean time I will wax and level the tables. Also I'll test the accuracy of the setup from the factory by making that setup block illustrated in the instructions.
    Probably not going to use the stand since I am building an assembly table with a sizable cabinet where it will be stored when not in use. I'll be adding a retractable hose to my DC separator for when I use the planer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• jdon
      Established Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Snoqualmie, Wash.
      • BT3100

Where did you find a dust chute? I got a 22-560 off CL about a year ago, and have been looking off and on for a dust chute, without success. It seems that the standard go-to's (M&D, ereplacementparts) are out of stock/indefinite backorder, and the Delta site isn't much help- I can't tell whether they're even making it anymore.

It's not been a front burner issue for me- I'm remind myself I want one every time I haul out the planer, grumble about sweeping up chips, and forget to order until the next time I use it!

Comment

• Spunjin
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jdon
        Where did you find a dust chute? I got a 22-560 off CL about a year ago, and have been looking off and on for a dust chute, without success. It seems that the standard go-to's (M&D, ereplacementparts) are out of stock/indefinite backorder, and the Delta site isn't much help- I can't tell whether they're even making it anymore.
        I actually found one on ereplacementparts.com. There was one available. Since I searched several sites before finding it there I ordered it right away. I would have ordered it even if it was $40 since it was so hard to find.
        Add it to your watch list on Amazon.com and it may appear at some point. Good look in your searching. I just got lucky for the 3rd time I guess.

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Spunjin
          Picked up the planer today. Opened it up and there was no dust chute despite the picture on the box. No problem. I found one and ordered it for under $19. In the mean time I will wax and level the tables. Also I'll test the accuracy of the setup from the factory by making that setup block illustrated in the instructions.
          Probably not going to use the stand since I am building an assembly table with a sizable cabinet where it will be stored when not in use. I'll be adding a retractable hose to my DC separator for when I use the planer.

The Dust Chute is almost a necessity with these planers. Without a dust chute, chips build up on the rollers and the tables and cause great problems. Even using a chute I stop occasionally and clean the whole assembly with a blower/vac. RE: using the stand. Make sure you have plenty of room both in front and behind the planer because it takes a lot of space for the boards to go through. I put mine on a stand and put a Herculift on the stand so that I can roll it to my garage door for use. The Herculift allows me to roll it easily and lock it when I get it where I want it. Also, if you are working by yourself you will probably need a roller or something similar to help "catch" the board after it has gone thru.
          Last edited by phrog; 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM.
          Richard

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by phrog
            The Dust Chute is almost a necessity with these planers. Without a dust chute, chips build up on the rollers and the tables and cause great problems. Even using a chute I stop occasionally and clean the whole assembly with a blower/vac. RE: using the stand. Make sure you have plenty of room both in front and behind the planer because it takes a lot of space for the boards to go through. I put mine on a stand and put a Herculift on the stand so that I can roll it to my garage door for use. The Herculift allows me to roll it easily and lock it when I get it where I want it. Also, if you are working by yourself you will probably need a roller or something similar to help "catch" the board after it has gone thru.
            I agree. Its a common complaint with many planers, the Delta TP- or 22- series included, that no dust chute results in many of the cuttings falling back into the planer and getting pressed by the top roller into the top freshly planed surface and making tiny dents.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...