X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jun 2003
    • Cocolalla, ID
    • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

I recently bought the Bosch 1617EVSPK-RT 2.25 HP Combination Plunge & Fixed-Base Router Pack from CPO Tools. It was a reconditioned set, but felt that it was a good deal. I was pleased when I received the set it was almost in perfect condition with just a couple scratches on the motor housing .

http://www.cpotools.com/factory-reco...tioned-routers

Comment

• jeepman71
      Established Member
      • Nov 2008

The Triton is a pretty decent price but I am not real excited to buy a product that is not tested per say.

The price on the bosch is decent as well. Do you know if the Porter Cable guide bushings fit this router?

Jim

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by jeepman71
        The Triton is a pretty decent price but I am not real excited to buy a product that is not tested per say.

The price on the bosch is decent as well. Do you know if the Porter Cable guide bushings fit this router?

Jim
        The standard PC bushings won't fit the Bosch without an adapter Jim...my single biggest beef with the Bosch. Wish they'd get over themselves and standardize.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

Bosch template guides are different but you can get a new base that would accept Porter Cable guide bushings.

Comment

• Eric
            • Jun 2003
            • Cocolalla, ID
            • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

There's an adapter that you can get to go to the PC router template guides.

$6 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-RA1100-T...bxgy_hi_text_c

I bought the 7 piece set, which comes with the adapter and 6 other guides from CPO when I ordered the router set.

Comment

• jeepman71
              Established Member
              • Nov 2008

Thanks the reply.

I had to do that with my Freud for the guide bushings. I'll have to think on that.

Jim

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

at first i was irritated with Bosch not using std PC bushings BUT, there is a cheap adapter. BUT the real answer is that the Bosch quick release bushings are eyery bit as good and are so easy to install and remove or change over.

Like my 1617evs and 1617 (non)-evs.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• pbui3057
                  Established Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • Mather, CA
                  • BT3000

I have the 1617evs and the colt. The 1617 stays in the table mostly and the colt is great for hand work. There is a new Dewalt that looks pretty interesting for a smaller trim router.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWP611P...7347307&sr=8-1

It comes with a plunge base too which I wish the colt had.

Comment

• jeepman71
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2008

That looks very interesting. It is too bad it doesn't have a 1/2" collet. I can understand you wouldn't want to sling large bits with it but I do have a number of dove tail bits that are 1/2 inch.

I see Porter Cable has a small router like this one as well.

Jim

Comment

• Cochese
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2010

It's a bit more than the ones I listed earlier, but Rockler will have the PC 893K on sale starting tomorrow for $237.99. $239.99 free ship no tax (possibly) at Amazon, but you could go and put your hands on it.
                      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• jeepman71
                        Established Member
                        • Nov 2008

I am going to take a shot at the Craftman set http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...2&blockType=G2 that CocheseUSA recommended. After the 15.00 on line purchase savings the set cost 134.99. Pay on line and pick it up at the local store today with no shipping costs. Seems like a good buy.

I really liked the 1 1/4 hp Dewalt but I do need the 1/2 in collet so for now that one is just not going to fit the bill.

Thanks all for your replys.

Jim

Comment

Working...