Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

another CL RAS oddity

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/tls/2578376189.html

at least it didn't say RADIO ALARM SAW.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • hophop
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2009

Why is it odd? I used to have that light-duty RAS. I gave it to my friend and sometimes regret since I can carry it around the house.

Thi

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

is it completely missing the blade guard???
      Looks very exciting to use.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-03-2011, 12:31 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Without a guard it would be "radical". Anyway, a "radio alarm saw", sounds multi-purpose.

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
          • Aug 2007
          • Minneapolis, MN
          • BT-3000, 21829

I make it a habit to let local CL advertisers, of the RA200/RA202 saws, know that Ryobi will send them $75 for the motor.

Ryobi even ships a box to use and pays the freight! The saw was recalled sometime ago due to a couple of them failing at the main bearing,

About half the time the CL posters keep advertising the saw at a low price. Go figure.

BTW, I own 2 RA202's and they'll have to pry them out of my cold hands.
          You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
          of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

Originally posted by eccentrictinkerer
            I make it a habit to let local CL advertisers, of the RA200/RA202 saws, know that Ryobi will send them $75 for the motor.

Ryobi even ships a box to use and pays the freight! The saw was recalled sometime ago due to a couple of them failing at the main bearing,

About half the time the CL posters keep advertising the saw at a low price. Go figure.

BTW, I own 2 RA202's and they'll have to pry them out of my cold hands.

On top of that, they violate CL TOS due to the recall.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• luteman
              Established Member
              • Dec 2007
              • Northern Michigan
              • BT3100-1

Radio Alarm Saw

RA 200 RAS was one of the best tools Ryobi made. Harbor Freight used to sell a clone. I still regret allowing myself to be pursuaded to frightened by a mere "product recall."

Comment

• JSUPreston
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Montgomery, AL.
                • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by luteman
                RA 200 RAS was one of the best tools Ryobi made. Harbor Freight used to sell a clone. I still regret allowing myself to be pursuaded to frightened by a mere "product recall."
                Looks like they still sell it: http://www.harborfreight.com/8-1-4-q...saw-42933.html
                "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...