Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

Sorry, but i couldn't stop.....

laughing at this:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/2489045616.html

one can only wonder what the original asking price was, now that it's down to a paltry best offer OVER $500.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

It may be possible for the seller to get that much for what he is selling if he breaks it up into individual items. A bevy of blades, a saw, a cabinet etc... But as a whole, he is going to have a heck of a time selling that for the asking price...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• natausch
      Established Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Aurora, IL
      • BT3000 - 15A

No worse than the idiot trying to sell a performax drum sander on Craigslist locally, for $690, for the last three months.

You may have spent X, but it is really only worth X-Y.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Technically, his post is in violation of CL's posting policies. It is a recalled item.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Well from what I can see, he's much more appreciative of the tools and accessories than what the general market will pay. I certainly wouldn't give him even $200 for what he has, given the number of RAS's that can be found elsewhere.

My RAS is a '74, and although in great operating condition, it's not perfect. Anything as old as that is going to show some wear (I believe his saw is a couple of years older than mine). But that said, there's no way I would sell my beloved RAS for $500! It still means too much to me and hopefully I'll get to use if for another decade. But when the time comes, I imagine I'll either give it away to a respectful woodworker, or else post it for $100. (about the price offered by the 'recall' IIRC).

I wasn't aware that Craig's List or any place else had a "rule" regarding "recalls".... good to know, I think. Actually I'm more comfortable with my RAS than my table saw, but both make me a little anxious, as does my hand-held circular saw. "Comfortable" is not a term I would ever use to describe my personal use of any of them.

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...