• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave delo
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2011
    • Ridgid R4511

Air Filtration Units

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions about which system might be better between the Rockler 1200 and the Jet 1000B from Woodcraft. Had my sights set on the Jet because it was a little less expensive but with free shipping and no tax from Rockler it looks like a little better spec'd unit for only about 10 bucks more.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The Jet, hands down is the De Facto standard ambient filter. Another good one is the Grizzly G0572. (A bit less pricey than the Jet, but taller so not such a good choice for lower ceilings).
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Have the Jet, and recommend it. Sturdy, and not too noisy. (can't give scientific numbers on how well it cleans, but it was reviewed well on some WW magazine and I'm happy to trust them).

FWIW, the one plus for the Rockler 1200 DustRight has a remote that uses an RF controller so you can be anywhere in the area and start the thing up or control it. The Jet (and I daresay others like it) uses an infrared remote like a typical TV remote. You have to point it at the receiver to make it work. So if you are at the opposite side of the box in your shop, you have to walk over to use it.

edit : we have some good reviews on the Jet here : http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=35989
      Last edited by radhak; 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM.
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• coupeowner 2002
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2010
        • Portland, OR

Not sure they are still available, but I was able to pick up the Jet for $250 at my local Woodcraft in mid-Feb. $25 cheaper than their advertised sale price. I guess they were leftovers from a Black Friday or X-Mas deal.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by radhak
          ...FWIW, the one plus for the Rockler 1200 DustRight has a remote that uses an RF controller so you can be anywhere in the area and start the thing up or control it. The Jet (and I daresay others like it) uses an infrared remote like a typical TV remote. You have to point it at the receiver to make it work. So if you are at the opposite side of the box in your shop, you have to walk over to use it...
          I never thought of that. I am forever walking the remote toward the front of the air cleaner to turn it on / off... An RF remote would be much nicer...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...