• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

delta 28-303 14" band saw

i am negotiating on the above band saw. price is currently $200. no chance for a pic today due to saw's location. seems to be complete with rails and fence, no miter gauge. probably needs new belts, guides, tension spring, wheel bearings and tensioni adjustment rod. it's a multi speed wood/metal band saw with an enclosed base. table is fairly rusty, but that's no problem. question is: do i keep the 18" jet i have or sell it and get this delta? the serial number is 97 E 98192. i tried to get a date for it @ vintage machinery.com, but it's not showing there, which leads me to believe it's not old enough yet for that forum. anyone know how to interpret the serial number for vintage?

new band saws to replace the 18" jet are not under consideration. i just don't use a band saw enough yet and i am too cheap to think about a new saw.

so, anyone know what it's vintage is based on serial number? any opinions re: pass/keep jet or sell jet/acquire delta? opinions welcome.
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Not terribly familiar with that Delta model, but if it is a common C frame type (like the current crop of Taiwan 14" band saws), then you could fix it up, and keep it for smaller work, curved work, and keep the 18" jet for resawing... Just a thought...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

only have room, and need, for one saw.
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...