X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chadwick
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2005
    • Central Texas

Had the 12" HF for about 2 years, was REALLY pleased with it for the money. Sold it recently, as I haven't done any woodworking, and it was taking up space. I DO plan to get another should the need arise. Had plenty of power, mine was ACCURATE, a new blade made a big difference. But the 10" model is on my list if I need one soon, and so is the Ryboi.

Comment

• messmaker
      Veteran Member
      • May 2004
      • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
      • Ridgid 2424

I think this might be a saw to look at. It is not a slider, but it is a 12" double bevel. I think Hitachi is almost always well built And I have never had anything from them die, ever.http://www.reconditionedsales.com/Hi...29___i189.aspx
      spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I sometimes think that Ryobi marketing has a plan where they make a large, short run of some tool items. The tool is available for a limited time but because of the build volume that tool can be sold at a lower price point than competing items that support continuous manufacturing lines and are available all the time.

Look at the Ryobi line and how many of the tools are available at one time?
        The OSS, comes and gone.
        The Belt/disc sander, that was a nice piece but you don't see those anymore.
        Grinders appear on sale but not all the time.
        The variable speed drill press, the wide panel thickness sanders, RAS.
        These tools are not necessarily replaced by new models with similar function, they just disappear.

By having large, short runs and a sale, you catch the hobbiests who are trying to opportunistically build up their shop, you are not catering to the pros who buy only when they need it but when they need it, they need it now.

Does anyone else see this, too?
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...