Black and Decker Random Orbit Sander recall.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • 9562
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #1

    Black and Decker Random Orbit Sander recall.

    For those of you that have the B&D D handle ROS, there is a recall, it appears the platen will shatter and become shrapnel...

    http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10339.html
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • natausch
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 436
    • Aurora, IL
    • BT3000 - 15A

    #2
    Apparently its time for me to buy another Bosch. Have one of these as my beater sander, not not so sure on keeping it around.

    Thanks for the head up.

    Comment

    • Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 1362
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

      #3
      Guess they don't make them like they used to...

      I just came in from the garage where I have been using my B&D 1/4 sheet sander to sand six panel oak doors for finishing. I purchased this sander, a model 4010, type 3 sander, in 1975 for the price of $50! I have replaced the pad bearing twice and the brushes once. Its time to put a new bearing in the pad, but it still runs like it did when I took it out of the box. I still have the box, the jig for punching vac holes in the sandpaper, and the dust bag. This sander has been used on everything I've made of wood, so it has many, many hours on it.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

      Comment

      Working...