• Show
Clear All
  • Sawatzky
    Established Member
    • Apr 2005
    • CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

Got a new sander!

I had some birthday money to spend so I got the Ridgid spindle/belt sander combo at Home Depot. They even took my 20% off Harbor Freight coupon! I think I am really going to enjoy using this sander, and will find many uses for it. It will sure beat using sanding drums on the drill press!
  • drumpriest
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
    • Powermatic PM 2000

I think that's about the best value in a stationary sander around. It's not tough as nails, but it's really useful for the price. I love mine.
    Keith Z. Leonard
    Go Steelers!

Comment

• August86
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2009
      • near Athens, GA

The oscillating belt sander is also very very useful. Except for keeping up with all the parts, no complaints.

Mike D.

Originally posted by Sawatzky
      I had some birthday money to spend so I got the Ridgid spindle/belt sander combo at Home Depot. They even took my 20% off Harbor Freight coupon! I think I am really going to enjoy using this sander, and will find many uses for it. It will sure beat using sanding drums on the drill press!

Comment

• os1kne
        • Jan 2003
        • Atlanta, GA
        • BT3100

Congrats. I've been admiring that sander for a while.
        Bill

Comment

• JR
          The Full Monte
          • Feb 2004
          • Eugene, OR
          • BT3000

It's one of the most useful tools in my shop. You'll love it.

JR
          JR

Comment

• Mr__Bill
            Veteran Member
            • May 2007
            • Tacoma, WA
            • BT3000

Is this the sander?

If you click on the image it takes you to the Home Depot page for this.

I have been looking at it, just have to finish convincing myself that I have $200 worth of need for it.

BTW if you write a review for it you are entered into a contest for some money.

I also found a nice review of it here.

Bill
            sometimes too cheap for his own good.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

I got that sander a while ago, I guess 2 years now... Man I love that thing. Use it on all sorts of projects...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
                • Dec 2005
                • Russell, NY, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

I bought mine about 2 yrs ago as well at the wood working show in Saratoga Springs NY. It was a reconditioned one from the RIGID booth. I really like it especially the belt sander feature; plus the fact I got it for just penny's more than $100. The one really great feature is the adjustable table.
                RuffSawn
                Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
                  Is this the sander?

If you click on the image it takes you to the Home Depot page for this.

I have been looking at it, just have to finish convincing myself that I have $200 worth of need for it.

BTW if you write a review for it you are entered into a contest for some money.

I also found a nice review of it here.

Bill
                  sometimes too cheap for his own good.
                  Don't know if they do it every year, but I got mine on a Fathers Day tool sale... I bet if you get it on sale and throw the HF 20% off coupon on top of that, it would be closer to $150.00
                  Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2007
                    • Tacoma, WA
                    • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
                    Don't know if they do it every year, but I got mine on a Fathers Day tool sale... I bet if you get it on sale and throw the HF 20% off coupon on top of that, it would be closer to $150.00
                    That's a good idea, think if I let her buy her own Mother's Day present she will think of the sander as a Father's Day present?.....

We don't have a local Harbor Freight and the sort of local Home Depot does not honor any other coupon, nor do they have manager's specials. I will have to try the HF coupon at the HD that is located near the closest HF to me. Although I doubt that I'll be there on father's day. Oh Well

Bill
                    living beyond the boonies

Comment

• crybdr
                      Established Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Lake Mills, WI
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I have this sander too. It's been very good to me - you'll love it.

Comment

• jonathan55
                        Established Member
                        • Jun 2005
                        • Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
                        • BT3100

Originally posted by Sawatzky

My old Ryobi belt/disc sander just broke. I was thinking of getting the Ridgid. I really like the way it's designed! How did you get to use the coupon?

Jonathan

Comment

• jussi
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007

If anyone is near Lake Matthews, CA this might be worth checking out. I'd offer $75 and see if he bites. Guy has a bunch of other tools new on CL.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1731323877.html
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Sawatzky
                            Established Member
                            • Apr 2005
                            • CA
                            • Ridgid TS3650

I called HD, told them I need to buy some tools and didn't think they had any sales going on, and asked if they accpted other coupons and they said yes. I had a 20% off coupon from HF that was in Wood magazine. They guy at the register took it and deducted 20% off the sander making it $160.00!

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
                              • Aug 2007
                              • Minneapolis, MN
                              • BT-3000, 21829

I picked up one of these sanders a couple of weeks ago at a local pawnshop.

I had noticed it last summer and kept an eye on it. They were asking $130.

I offered the owner $75 cash and he countered with $85. I countered with "Sold!".

It's missing a spindle, but a 10 minute cleanup and a new belt made it sparkle.

It's a good addition to any home shop, IMO.

BTW, my experience with pawnshops is that they are very willing to haggle. I figure that they probably bought the item for 10 to 20 cents on the dollar. They make their money on the turns.

I got my first BT3000 for $85 by offering them half the tag price. The saw took up too much space and they were happy to get rid of it.
                              Last edited by eccentrictinkerer; 05-09-2010, 11:38 PM.
                              You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
                              of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

Working...