X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_mcgover
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2009

Craftsman router help needed

I just bought a used Craftsman router, number 315.174710 off of craigslist.

My question is...did Craftsman make a plunge base compatible with this router?

I do notice that the made a base number 315.175320. Does anyone know if that will fit? I think the fact that they have the same first 3 digits means they are made for Sears by the same company, right? So...what are the chances the plunge base would fit the router?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

the link above is a link to the manual for this model. From the picture it doesn't look like it has a removable base - the handle for the base is actually wired to the motor.
    Its also 20 years old and that sort of predates the prevalence of removable/interchangeable bases.

Anyway the manual should tell you for sure if you read it.

P.S. usually the 315 manufacturer's prefix indicates it was made by Ryobi for Sears.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

By coincidence my very first router, bought ~30 years ago, is a forerunner of that model. Mine appears to be virtually identical to the one pictured in Loring's link, apart from the bit height adjustment system.

On mine, the base cannot be removed and there is no plunge base available. I can however confirm that these models were manufactured by Ryobi. If you happen to own a BT3x00 table saw, the base casting should bolt right up to the router mounting kit's accessory plate.
      Larry

Comment

• m_mcgover
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2009

Thanks for the replies, folks. At least if I cannot "plunge" with it, I can bolt it to the BT3100 I have.

Comment

Working...