X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RJD2
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

Bosch router problem

My Bosch 1617 EVSPK router has stopped working. The unit is approximately 5 years old, and is utilized infrequently. I used it a few times over the last three days to complete a project. It was used today for roughly ten minutes, and was shut off to make some bit adjustments. However, it wouldn't start again. Also, yesterday it sounded like it was going to shut off when I was rounding over the edge of board. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ron
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by RJD2
    My Bosch 1617 EVSPK router has stopped working. The unit is approximately 5 years old, and is utilized infrequently. I used it a few times over the last three days to complete a project. It was used today for roughly ten minutes, and was shut off to make some bit adjustments. However, it wouldn't start again. Also, yesterday it sounded like it was going to shut off when I was rounding over the edge of board. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ron

they've had some switch problems. Try using an air nozzle, blow out the switch, may have gotten some diust in it.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Ditto Loring on some switch problems.... just substitute "a lot" where he used "some" on the earlier models. I had to replace two until I just sold it and picked up another Milwaukee.

BTW.. blowing with air may work but.. sometimes a good jiggle might also. So be careful if you have a bit in it and turn it on thinking it's not working as sometimes it won't be and a sudden jiggle or bump and suddenly it does. Be aware that can happen to avoid being lax when it is in your hand.

If if air works it will probably do it again evertually until you replace the switch. They say the newer switches have been corrected.. I really can't say if that is true or false.

Good luck...

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

As stated, the switch isn't sealed and gets sawdust in it. I bought a replacement switch for mine and then took the old one apart. Fairly easy to do without damaging it. After cleaning it out, I reassembled it and put it away as a back up.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...