This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by Knottscott
    To be clear, the "Avanti & Avanti-PRO saw blades carried at Home Depot are not manufactured by Freud". That info was confirmed by a very reliable and well respected Freud source.

Also to be clear, I have no axe to grind with HD, and no particular love for, or bias for Freud blades or products, although I've typically been favorably impressed with any of the Freud products that I've tried. It's my opinion that the new Avanti or Avanti Pro blades are not in the same league as even the entry level Freud Avanti and Diablo blades, or the similar Ridgid Titanium or Craftsman Pro blades that are (or were) supposedly made by Freud (all made in Italy BTW). I also think they're lowing quality than the Chinese made Blue Tornado, Oshlun, Tenryu blades and DeWalt 7670 dado set...everything about the new Avanti and Avanti Pro is lower quality, and it has nothing to do with cost or country of origin...simply put, they're lousy blades, and I thought it might be beneficial to alert others. If the new Avanti or Avanti Pro blades were of comparable quality to the Freuds or even other lower cost value lines, I'd really have little beef with them using the trademark name.

If you have seen the new blade.. if you have used the old one at some point it is very obvious that the new blade doesn't compare as you state. The new ones don't come close to the quality of the Chinese Oshlun 40T I have and use... nor the Steel City that came on my 5 HP I use to cut aluminum, MDF.. etc. made by Great Blade in China. Both of those are excellent blades for the price point and I use them often being in the shop daily. I also used a Diabo on a BT way back when and once tried the Freud Avanti.

But with that said those blades don't step up to the Quality level of my 2 Infinity's.. 2 Amana's. 2 CMT's.. 2 Freuds and I don't expect them to considering the price point. You more or less stated that also. So the bottom line is I agree with you about the alert. I have been using TS blades for 39 years running but... even if a entry level with no experience with blades could make a side by side comparison they could clearly see the quality difference also.

So.. good alert to those than may not be as saavy at this point and automatically associate Avanti with Freud when there is no longer an association!

Comment

Working...