• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by tommyt654
    I hope not, but then again this is my first router table so who knows, Think I,m gonna go down to peachtree tomorrow and get a set or 2 of the raised panel bits to go with this, Now if I can just get outta this Apt.
    While there, get some extra inserts for the router plate. Raised panels will make the hole too large for good use with small size bits.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Congratulations on a great buy.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Rich P
        Established Member
        • Apr 2003
        • Foresthill, CA, USA.
        • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

I've had a RE-600 for 25 years and it's great machine...but not worth $100 today unless the table meets your needs...but I wouldn't part with mine for $100!
        Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by leehljp
          While there, get some extra inserts for the router plate. Raised panels will make the hole too large for good use with small size bits.
          I assume you are talking about the hole in the router plate. i don,t see what the size of that has to do with the size of the router bits other than allowing the larger bits thru, So what you are saying is that when using smaller bits I need a smaller hole, I am curious as to why, Does this effect the way the bit cuts in relation to the surface area of the wood being routed?Thanks for any info. Like I said 1 st table and I want to make sure its set up properly before use. I joined RouterForums a few months back and theres a ton of info there perhaps I need to spend a little more time there as well, Thanks,Tommyt

Comment

• JR
            The Full Monte
            • Feb 2004
            • Eugene, OR
            • BT3000

The ideal setup has an insert that perfectly matches the bit. It's the equivalent to a zero-clearance insert on the table saw, with pretty much the same benefits.

Obviously you can't have an insert for each bit in your collection. It looks like the inserts on your new router table are removable in sections. That will probably get you by - until it doesn't get you by any more. That's when you'll know what you need!

JR
            JR

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

O.K, I get it now, The table has 2 removable inserts on it now, So I,ll p/u some more as I get more familiar with the table, Thanks for all the advice here gang, Tommyt

Comment

• gsmittle
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                • BT 3100

Tommy,
                YOU SUCK!!!!

g.
                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                Bill & Ted