• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

craftsman manufacturer codes

i recall seeing somewhere a list of the first 3 digits of sears tool model numbers and how that told you what company actually manufactured the tool. can anyone point me back to that list?
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by toolguy1000
    i recall seeing somewhere a list of the first 3 digits of sears tool model numbers and how that told you what company actually manufactured the tool. can anyone point me back to that list?

This might be the one:

Google "craftsman codes" and scroll down to this site:

[PDF]
    Sears and Craftsman Source Product Code

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

if you google "Craftsman OEM codes" then you'll get in the top two or three, links to OWWM site, which has them listed sorted alphabetically rather than number.
      www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers-Name.asp

I suspect both the list cabinetman provides guidance to and the one at OWWM are fairly old and not entirely reliable. For example the 315 code is defiantely Ryobi on later items but one list has Ryan for 315 and the OWWM list has both Ryan and Ryobi using the 315 code.

There were some other 3-digit Sears prefixes I tried to look up and came up no dice.

Someone in the thread at Sawmill creek recommends "The easiest way I've found to find out who a manufacturer is if I don't recognize the first three digits is to call Sears customer service @ 1-800-469-4663 and ask."
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

thank you for the links and the info.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...