• Show
Clear All
  • Wood_workur
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Ohio
    • Ryobi bt3100-1

90984 ratcheting tie downs
    These ratchet straps are nice. I've used them a ton to tie down anything and everything in the back of our truck. Only gripe is that one of the rubber pieces fell off, but that was easy enough to put back on.

38185 48" bar clamps

38184 36" bar clamps

I've got a fair number of both of those as well. They do the job, though I do often use them in combination with a k body or two. Only problem is one of the retaining clips fell off, but I managed to replace it with a jesus clip in a groove I cut in the shaft with a hacksaw. That shaft is what holds the head to the bar of the clamp. For what I paid they can't be beat.
    Alex

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Didn't see these (if I missed, my apology), thought they might garner consideration, as I've had luck with them:

Item 40675 Universal Tool Stand (good deal when on sale for $19)

Item 66872 16 gauge air nailer (had good luck with prev. model that could take 2in nails - this one only goes to 1-3/4in.)

+1 on the MFT, and +1 on the bar clamps Alex mentioned. These 24" versions have also worked well for me:

Item 38183 24" Aluminum Bar Clamp
      Last edited by Bill in Buena Park; 10-02-2009, 04:16 PM.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

Originally posted by os1kne
        I've been very pleased with this air compressor:

And this roofing nailer performed like a champ for me this summer:
        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92359
        I also have that compressor. I consider it a good buy.

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Jim1
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2007
          • Hill Country in Texas
          • General 650

Not really woodworking.....but does anyone know if their pipe wrenches are any good? Thanks!

Jim

Comment

• parnelli
            • Aug 2004
            • bt3100

Originally posted by Jim1
            Not really woodworking.....but does anyone know if their pipe wrenches are any good? Thanks!

Jim
            I've got the red ones. I thought that it would be a no brainer- how could a pipe wrench be screwed up?

They're not horrendous, but they certainly are a little sloppier than I'd like. I saw a guy today checking out needle nose pliers trying to pick out the best one. Maybe I should've done that too.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

I have a couple of the HF pipe wrenches. The red ones. To be kind, they did NOT make my gems list...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Jim1
                Forum Newbie
                • Apr 2007
                • Hill Country in Texas
                • General 650

Thanks for the info...

Jim

Comment

• JSUPreston
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Montgomery, AL.
                  • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Went and dropped a little coin at the sidewalk sale today. My store had the 93239 6" digital caliper. On a whim, I went ahead and got it. Just took it out, and after zeroed out, it appears to be dead on the mark with my wife's pro level steel rule (graphic designer). All in all, wasn't a bad trip to HF.

For the first time in several years, I got to spend birthday/Christmas money on me. Got the calipers, 2 toggle clamps for a router sled I've been meaning to build, a set of forstner bits (not the ones recommended, but I figure what I got may be a newer part number-same description), brad point bits, the drill press table and the multitool. The store in Montgomery had quite a few of those in stock, and cashier confirmed they sell like crazy.
                  "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Can anyone give a quick review / opinion on the #93909 21 deg 10 gauge angle framing nailer? Also the 40400 2 HP 8 Gallon Horizontal Air Compressor.
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tjr
                      Established Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • at the falls of the Ohio
                      • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

I've got the 21deg framer. Seems to work well for me, plenty of power, depth adjustment works fine but not toolless, air consumption is about 8-10 3.25" nails per charge of my pancake compressor. It's a pretty basic tool with no frills like rafter hook, ruler/stud gauge on side, etc. It's also not a convertible trigger - you have to push down and then fire for every nail. OK for me as it feels safer and I'm not usually working that fast.

Biggest disadvantage is that it's pretty heavy compared to the nicer brand name framers.

Comment

• billwmeyer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2003
                        • Weir, Ks, USA.
                        • BT3000

I believe that is the nailer I have. It is heavy, but it is a good nailer. The only problem I had was when it started jamming about every other nail. I took it apart and found a piece of plastic from the nail strip had gotten caught inside. I have not had a jam since and used it a lot framing out my deck that I am working on.

Bill
                        "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• dbhost
                          Slow and steady
                          • Apr 2008
                          • League City, Texas
                          • Ryobi BT3100

That's cool. I am just looking for something to shoot nails for a fence project, and building the shed... After I am done with those two, it can go ahead and die...

I don't mean that harshly, just for the price, I wouldn't expect it to last too terribly long, but I would want it to hold up to those two jobs, and anything after that is just, well... extra. Pretty sure this would help with decking the attic and jobs like that too... Helping out the BIL at his place, that sort of thing.

Comment

• dbhost
                            Slow and steady
                            • Apr 2008
                            • League City, Texas
                            • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by billwmeyer
                            I believe that is the nailer I have. It is heavy, but it is a good nailer. The only problem I had was when it started jamming about every other nail. I took it apart and found a piece of plastic from the nail strip had gotten caught inside. I have not had a jam since and used it a lot framing out my deck that I am working on.

Bill
                            Foreign obstruction jams I would not count against the nailer. But nice to know that is the only problem you have had with it. How long have you had the thing?

Comment

• billwmeyer
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2003
                              • Weir, Ks, USA.
                              • BT3000

I have had it for about 4 or 5 years, but I have only used it on 2 projects. I was remodeling my bathroom when it jammed, and that is when my daughters house burned down and she and my 2 grandsons moved in with us. I didn't unjam it until I started the deck project. It works great, but I haven't used it as much as I want. Hopefully this summer it will get put to use building a shed.

I will try to remember to verify the model number when I get home tonight.

Bill

Comment

• billwmeyer
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 2003
                                • Weir, Ks, USA.
                                • BT3000

The model # on my framing nailer is 04041. It is a 21 degree 10 gauge nailer, probably and older model.

Bill

Comment

Working...