HF - Returned Nailgun

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 1867
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

    #1

    HF - Returned Nailgun

    Most know that HF has a decent return policy - but I was pleasantly surprised today when I walked into my local HF with a defective 18g nailer/stapler combo - no receipt - and they replaced in without question.

    I had been to another HF recently and mentioned my dilemma - the nailer was new, had a defective piston-cylinder (cracked and leaking air), but didn't have my receipt - they told me that the best they could do was sell me a replacement warranty for $9 (which I hadn't bought), and then they'd replace it.

    So expecting to pay the $9, I was shocked when I walked in with my defective nailer and was told to "just grab another, and your good to go".

    Footnote - this is the first of 6 HF nailers I own (Framing through pin) that has been defective.
    Bill in Buena Park
  • DUD
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3309
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #2
    We get good service here also. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

    Comment

    • eezlock
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 997
      • Charlotte,N.C.
      • BT3100

      #3
      HF returned nail gun

      I did basically the same thing a couple of years back with one of their brad nailers. It was defective(broken) returned it store with no sales receipt....
      they replaced it no questions asked, and I still have it.

      Comment

      • Hoover
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • 1273
        • USA.

        #4
        Some people complain about HF's quality, but I have yet to have any problems with my Harbor Freight power or hand tools.
        No good deed goes unpunished

        Comment

        • fastfoodkills
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2008
          • 89
          • Saugus, CA
          • BT3000 bought in Y2K; Replaced w/ Steel City cast iron 3 HP

          #5
          The HF in Woodland Hills, CA has provided nothing but outstanding customer service. I've returned the aluminum ww clamps after breaking the casting with no questions asked. They've also done plenty of price matches for me against the often lower online price (always bring a printout with you). The dial indicator and magnetic base were perfect examples - in the store they were $15.00 each - a very good price to begin with. The online price was about $9.95 each. The savings after the price match was 50% off!
          Last edited by fastfoodkills; 06-24-2009, 01:01 AM.

          Comment

          • cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • 15216
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

            #6
            I can't even get my Duo-Fast guns looked at for a minimum bench fee for the same money or less than a HF nail gun. Hey, for $20, if it blows up...take it back.

            I did return a grinder that disintegrated and I didn't have my receipt, and they just exchanged it on the spot...with a smile.
            .

            Comment

            • pacwind3
              Established Member
              • Nov 2006
              • 257
              • Vancouver, WA
              • Bosch 4100

              #7
              Interesting thread. I got my first compressor around 9 years ago, and wanted to get a brad nailer. I admit: knowing that the tools at harbor freight are "cheepo imports" I wasn't sure about the idea of having 100 psi in a nailgun. But who can pass up the price? So I bought one. Here I am with two HF brad nailers and one pin nailer and I really like them all. I am especially fond of the pin nailer, pretty sure I paid under $20. Anything equivelent is over $100. It works flawlessly and the results are great.

              Comment

              • crokett
                The Full Monte
                • Jan 2003
                • 10627
                • Mebane, NC, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

                #8
                I returned a defective laser level with no receipt and my choice was either a replacement or store credit. To actually get a refund I believe you have to have a receipt. Other than the cracked bubble glass on the level I am happy with the HF tools I have.
                David

                The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

                Comment

                • adauria
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 32

                  #9
                  Same experience here with a roller stand that came with the wrong screws for assembly (believe me, it was wrong! I bought 2 of them and successfully got the first one going). They were really good about it.

                  -Andrew

                  Comment

                  • gordons
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 192
                    • Charlotte, NC, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100

                    #10
                    All too often, we are ready to criticize. Somehow we never stop to say thanks when we should.

                    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the manager Dana and all his staff at the Pineville HF store for their excellent service, help, courtesy, friendliness way above and beyond the call. They have been this way from the minute the store opened a few years back. Not once have I encountered a problem with returns or any other customer service related matter.

                    They have earned my ongoing business and I can highly recommend them to anyone in the area, or who may be passing through.
                    Gordon
                    I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

                    Comment

                    • JR
                      The Full Monte
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 5636
                      • Eugene, OR
                      • BT3000

                      #11
                      I had a little less luck today. I found a DC remote-control system at the store. Got it home and the key-fob remote was not in the box.

                      I phoned support and discovered that it is a discontinued item. 6-8 weeks to get the remote from the OEM. Th\ey offered to do a search for any available part, which takes five days to do the search. Plus shipping time.

                      I can't really fault the cust. serv. tech, who was efficient and business-like.

                      JR
                      JR

                      Comment

                      • Ed62
                        The Full Monte
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 6021
                        • NW Indiana
                        • BT3K

                        #12
                        There are some items I probably wouldn't buy from HF, but because of their return policy, I have bought several things. Only had one return, and it was not a problem at all.

                        Ed
                        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

                        For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

                        Comment

                        • Hawk
                          Handtools only
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 3

                          #13
                          Originally posted by gordons
                          All too often, we are ready to criticize. Somehow we never stop to say thanks when we should.

                          I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the manager Dana and all his staff at the Pineville HF store for their excellent service, help, courtesy, friendliness way above and beyond the call. They have been this way from the minute the store opened a few years back. Not once have I encountered a problem with returns or any other customer service related matter.

                          They have earned my ongoing business and I can highly recommend them to anyone in the area, or who may be passing through.
                          Never been to the Pineville store but use to shop at the Independance road store. Now I have moved to Kannapolis and have the same great service.

                          Comment

                          • sailor55330
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 494

                            #14
                            I've never had a reason to test the HF return policy, because honestly, nothing has every broken.

                            I did buy a 1/2" "hammer drill" because I needed to drill about 25 holes in concrete for anchors in my basement. I couldn't see spending $150-$200 for something that I will never use again. For $27, it worked great. The casing is kind of cheap and the switch between hammer and regular drilling isn't very sturdy nor is the variable speed all that "variable", but you know what, it drilled the holes without a complaint an I now have a beater 1/2" drill laying around if I need it.

                            Now, the real question is will they replace sandpaper once it's past it's prime? After all, it did quit working.....who's going to be the first to try that one.

                            Comment

                            Working...