• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Craftsman 8" DP Parts

I have inherited my late brother's 8" (I think) benchtop DP. It's in pretty bad shape. I have mostly gotten the rust off of it, and it runs pretty well, but I am missing 2 out of 3 handles--one is completely gone, one snapped off right at the threaded end.

Is there anywhere I can get replacements? Obviously Sears parts would be the place to start, but are there any B&M stores that carry universal DP parts--if these are even a common size?
    Joe
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

one suggestion is to go to the hardware store and buy some all thread that matches the hub and the ball end threads. Cut to the right length, you'll have a threaded rod instead of a smooth rod though, but cheap and easy.

Some people, like Rod Kirby, like their DP with only one handle. I don't. But I guess that makes it a personal preference. Try it that way an see if you can live with it.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• turkeywire
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2008
      • Pearland, Tx
      • Old Craftsman contractor (Grandfathers)

A company called Reid Supply has what you are looking for. Their web site is reidsupply.com. A quick look under manual controls found one for about $12.00.
      HTH
      Carl

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

I have been using it with only one handle, and I don't like it. I had thought about the threaded rod, and that's probably what I will end up with, I just don't like the looks of it. Oh well, function over form, I guess.
        Joe

Comment

Working...