dust collection bag question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sawatzky
    Established Member
    • Apr 2005
    • 359
    • CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

    #1

    dust collection bag question

    I need to upgrade the bag on my HF portable dust collector - the small collector with one bag. Grizzly has a 3 micron replacement for $15.00 and a 0.3 micron replacment for $40.00. Is there a huge difference between these two? I really don't have the money to spend $40.00 right now. Would the 3 micron bag offer good filteration for a table saw and router table? those are the only two tools I am using the dust collector for. Thanks!
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 2873
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

    #2
    Well the 3 micron bag will be a huge improvement over the stock HF bag you now have. With some use that 3 micron bag will build up a layer of sawdust on the inside and actually filter down even lower. Sure the 0.3 micron would be the best route to go but if the $$$ just aren't there then the 3 micron bag is still an upgrade.
    _________________________
    "Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans"

    Comment

    • Tom Miller
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • 2507
      • Twin Cities, MN
      • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

      #3
      One other issue to consider is the flow rate that either bag will allow. Contrary to intuition, sometimes the finer bags will pass air with less resistance. I can't tell you if that's the case with these particular bags, but it's just another aspect you may want to research.

      Hmmm, that wasn't very helpful, was it?

      Regards,
      Tom

      Comment

      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • 9560
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #4
        At .3 microns, I think that would qualify as a HEPA filter...

        I wonder what the DCs they are for are like? Spec wise that is... I bet no more than 3/4 HP 650CFM units themselves... Chances are this would work as well as the OEM bag...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

        Comment

        Working...