• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

If your Rigid Vac Is Older Than 1 Year

and you want a new filter, you will have to also get a filter plate. I bought a new filter for my 6+yr old vac. It would not fit, though it was listed for it. I called Rigid and they redesigned the filters last year. The filters are taller and the end is open. You have to buy a filter plate so the new filter will work.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Call Rdigid back and fuss about false advertising. They listed that the filter fit your model right? That SHOULD mean it fits your model without any modification...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

I'm not going to worry too much about it. I have more important things to do than call and complain about something like that.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

I think the redesign must have been more than a year ago as my ridgid SVac is at least 2 years old and I bought a new filter only a few months back and it fit fine.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• stormdog74
          Established Member
          • Mar 2007
          • Sacramento, CA
          • Ridgid TS3650

What does the plate cost?

Comment

• JoeyGee
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by crokett
            I'm not going to worry too much about it. I have more important things to do than call and complain about something like that.

...Like sitting on a message board and complaining about it instead?
            Joe

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Who's complaining? I was trying to be helpful. If I were complaining it would be in Off Topic with one or two of these.

I don't know what it costs, haven't been back to HD to get one. I'm guessing not more than a few bucks.
              David

Comment

• mmack66
                Handtools only
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by poolhound
                I think the redesign must have been more than a year ago as my ridgid SVac is at least 2 years old and I bought a new filter only a few months back and it fit fine.
                Same here.

Comment

• AndyC
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2008

I bought a Rigid vac for $ 35 on closeout from HD about 4 years ago. I went back for a filter about 3 months later and that new filter didn't fit. That was 2004 or so. I bet that's when the design change happened.

Comment

Working...