• JeffG78
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
    • BT3100

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
    I used the next step up from that one:

AO Safety Quicklatch PRO Dual Cartridge Respirator #95090
    I think that's the same one I use. I bought it at HD and find that it is comfortable to wear and does a great job with the dust. I actually don't get as warm wearing that one vs. the paper dust masks since it has exhaust ports. I also use it for chemicals and it completely filters the smells.

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

I have a 3M respirator that I bought from one of the safety equipment places over the web (I goggled respirator and picked an outfit that seems OK and the were). I got it because it was XL. Fits me better than any others I have tried. I put cartridges in it for painting but could take the cartridge off and just put in a pre-filter for dust. I haven't but I probably should. I bought extra prefilters.

I would check out a safety equipment supplier and the price of replacement filters. If you wear a "medium" then you may not need to look around as much. I think I paid something like $25 for my mask, two cartridges for painting, and a box of prefilters.

Jim

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Mine arrived yesterday in time for todays shop activities. It was rather strange wearing it but it worked well and I can feel the difference. Well worth it.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Poolhound,
          Based on your OP, I decided to see what I could find locally, since I had a much older version of something similar that was fogging my glasses. I found this at Sears, for close to the Amazon price ($14.99 instead of $13.99)

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00971453000P

Filters can also be ordered online or in-store for $4.99 per pack -

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00971337000P

So I bought one, and a couple packs of the replacement filters on the shelf - and this thing works really nice! No more fogging. Thanks for the tip.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...