• Show
Clear All
  • psjbob
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2007
    • Port St Joe, Florida
    • Delta TS 350

Craftsman Jointer

I just got this sears jointer for 50 bucks it runs good. Anyone familar with it ?
    Are there any knives available from makers other than sears ? I can still get blades through sears.
    I got 2 sets with it the ones on it seem OK. How about sharpening has anyone tried it ?
    Attached Files
  • rja
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA.
    • BT3100-1

My father-in-law gave up woodworking and gave me his jointer which looks exactly like yours. He had new knives installed before he gave it to me. The knives came from his son-in law who is a professional woodworker, so at some point I too would be interested in an answer about the knives. The jointer seems heavy and solid. It is a step up for me from the Delta benchtop jointer I have.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

brian holbren had a sale on jointer knives recently (www.holbren.com).
      He had knives of several dimensions, you need to know the lendgth, height and thickness to order them... sometimes they have holes also that need to match up.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lebomike
        Established Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Pennsylvania
        • Ryobi BT3000

Why is it that I cannot find deals like this??
        "The power of kindness is immense. It is nothing less, really, than the power to change the world."

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Check Craigslist. I see that Jointer for sale all the time in the $50 range. At one time it must have been pretty popular.

Tom

Comment

• ScottGolden
            Established Member
            • May 2006

3 months ago i tossed one of these jointers out, since i could never get the fence to stay at 90%. I had also broke the blade guard and did not like operating it with out. (I have this silly feeling that i am much better off with all of my fingers)

I got my blades from sears.

I uses a home brew sharpening jig and did no have much trouble with the blades. On the one i had the inner portion of the blades seemed to get nicked, but that might have been normal use.

Comment

Working...