New PVA Glue from The Gorilla Glue Co.

Thought I'd pass this on,,,,

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...a+Glue+Co.aspx
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

That is very interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not surprised they would jump in with that. It seems a bit cheaper than TBII. If it's faster than TBII, it might be good for smaller glue ups.

Comment

• mschrank
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2004
      • Hood River, OR, USA.
      • BT3000

Nope, give me a glue that gives me 10 more minutes. Faster set-up time is not what I need when trying to get the clamps into postion.

Glue-up is a stressful time for me. I should probably take a video of myself during my next tricky glue-up....I'm sure it would entertaining to watch me dance around trying to get everything lined up, clamps tightened, all the while swearing like a sailor.
      Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Being a hobbyist, and not really into that much of a production environment, clamp time has never been much of a concern for me. I actually probably leave most of my projects clamped up much longer that I really need too. TiteBond II has never let me down which is much more important than a cheaper price any day. I doubt if I'll even try it let alone switch over. If it ain't broke, no need to fix it........... I can't believe I just said that..........It's true, I've become my father.

Comment

• final_t
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mschrank
          Nope, give me a glue that gives me 10 more minutes. Faster set-up time is not what I need when trying to get the clamps into postion.

Glue-up is a stressful time for me. I should probably take a video of myself during my next tricky glue-up....I'm sure it would entertaining to watch me dance around trying to get everything lined up, clamps tightened, all the while swearing like a sailor.
          Heard that. Sometimes I've actually rehearsed the steps and then broke it down into stages. A good 23 gauge pin-nailer is a godsend for some of these jobs.
          I dunno - I got the impression that the author uses more glue than needed and has a real problem with sqeeze out and parts not mating up properly, expecting the glue to gap-fill so the color is important to him.

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I just discovered the Kreg pocket hole system. I can't believe I've been doing things the hard way for so long. I understand what you guys mean about stressful clamp jobs! This glue has one advantage for me though, and that's color. I've got a maple job coming up and I hate what Titebond does to the color of the joints if they are not perfect.

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Have to agree with the masses on this one. Shorter clamp time = shorter open time. I prefer a llittle time for minor adjustments before the glue sets.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

Working...