• Show
Clear All
  • Sugarman
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • Chester County, PA
    • BT3100-1

1" belt/disk sander

I need a small sander for small parts and have been looking for an inexpensive 1" belt sander with a disk. I haven't found too many choices but I'm leaning toward the Grizzly H6070. Does anyone have any experience with this machine?

I have the Rikon 50-120 with the 6x48 belt and 10" disk but it is too big for some things. Most of my fingernails and fingerprints are missing.

Would I be better off with a separate belt and disk unit?

I would go with a used unit but haven't found any in this area.

Any other recommendations?

TIA
  • messmaker
    Veteran Member
    • May 2004
    • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
    • Ridgid 2424

I have been looking for one as well. Delta and Sears have some choices but Grizzly seems to have the most selections. Harbor Freight has one(1 x 30 belt only) for about $40 but I know nothing about it.
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

for the 1" style belt sanders, you want one with three-rollers on the belt (triangular belt arrangement) so it has some space behind the platen to get "into" more complex pieces of scrollsaw or detail work etc. Also the platen should be installed for when you want a flat solid surface and removeable when you want a softer, conformable surface for doing curves.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...