• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

HF pin nailer differences

The search function is failing me here folks. I tried to search via the model numbers (93656 and 95882) as I remember a post some time back talking about the differences. Just doing a HF pin search turned up some results that I thought promising, they had links to Loring talking about hole size and pin nailers, but the links were bad.

This makes me wonder if the comparison was between the older $60 HF pin nailer (with no model number), and one of the other models.

Otherwise, since for once, my local store has both, is there any real differences between them?

(My store only had one model on display, with no boxes visible, I paid and they paged it to the front, and brought the other model, realized it and offered to swap)

TIA
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

a few years back they (HF) sold one for $60, now they have had a couple of models in the $15-25 range in the last couple of years. Don't know the differences, I imagine they all work,

The comparision i did was for 16 vs 18 vs 23 gauge pin guns.

The pin holes from any 23 ga pinner should be the same size, I would think.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Just by looking at the pictures of each, about the only difference I can see is the way the pins are loaded into the gun and the 93656 has a cushioned grip while the other doesn't.

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
        • May 2003
        • Orlando, FL, USA.
        • BT3000

I posted an answer to similar question on Woodnet.

93656 has a contact safety. (I have this pinner. The contact safety sometimes gets in the way and makes it harder to position the gun on the workpiece).

95882 has a lever that must be moved before it can be fired. No contact safety.

Without seeing it, I would prefer the #95882 that does not have the contact safety.

- Lonnie
        OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• Almightymoonpie
          Forum Newbie
          • Jun 2007
          • Mobile, Al
          • Ridgid TS3650

I picked up the #95882 on sunday and have put 300 or so pins through it mainly playing around with it. Have to say im am impressed, granted I have never owned a Grex but this little pinner has pushed the HF pins through anything I can find. It has not even let up, not one single jam. Not to bad for less than $20.00

Chuck

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            a few years back they (HF) sold one for $60, now they have had a couple of models in the $15-25 range in the last couple of years. Don't know the differences, I imagine they all work,

The comparision i did was for 16 vs 18 vs 23 gauge pin guns.

The pin holes from any 23 ga pinner should be the same size, I would think.

While the pin nailer holes should just about be identical, you helped me catch a difference. The SAFETY location. On the 95882, there is the safety under the trigger. You move that and your ready to fire. On the 93656, there is a safety at the tip, that must be depressed to fire like on a normal pnuematic nailer. So in this case, while it might leave an indentation in your work, if you have kids that get into the shop, it might be safer to have the 93656, so you don't have a Lethal Weopon moment (tiny flying projectiles, one per trigger pull).

Seems interesting to me, that the 95882 is a later model based on the copyright date of the manuals, with this type of trigger.

Thanks ALL
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...