• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Anyone have the HF/Performaxx OSS?

I am looking into getting an OSS. I used to have the Ryobi and loved it, but sold it when I was getting out of WWing, and since getting back in I have been kicking myself. I really wish I could get another one of those.

Anyway, the HF OSS looks similar (a little smaller table and DC port), and the Performax at Menards looks nearly identical to the HF, and it actually the same price, and some times cheaper. Both are less than half of the cost of the Rigid, which I would prefer, but not for an additional $100.

Does anyone have either of these?
    Joe
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

I've also been looking at those two models at Menards and HF. Sure would like to hear about anyone's experience with one
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jhart
      I've also been looking at those two models at Menards and HF. Sure would like to hear about anyone's experience with one
      if you do a search here for HF OSS then you'll see that everyone's asking if anyone has one but no ones bought one yet.

They just discuss how cheap they are and that they're on sale and how they got the Ridgid OBS instead.

It's HF for goodness sakes. Buy one and take a chance, you can always take it back. then again, it's HF.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• DLHarrison
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2006
        • Avon, Indiana, USA.

I own a Performax OSS - had the unit for for a little over 1 year. It comes with a cast iron table, 5 different spindle sizes, sanding drums and a vacuum hookup. Does an excellent job at sanding and the vacuum hookup is effective at removing dust. The sanding drums are available at Menards. I looked at the Ridgid OSS and I couldn't justify the cost since I have a stationary belt/disc sander so that is why I went to the Performax unit. I believe that the unit is on sale now at Menards. I would purchase the unit over again.

Comment

• ke4rdb
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2006
          • Mooresville, NC
          • Ridgid TS3650

I've had the HF model since it came out...other than a small table and a little loud, it does what it is supposed to do and does it well...I paid $79 for mine and if it only lasts 3 or 4 years its well worth the money...it gets used alot and has given me no problems...also HF sells their sanding sleeves for this for $7.99 a set (sometimes on sale for ($5.99) in 3 diff grits (80, 150, 220)

JW
          Credidi me felem vidisse!

Comment

Working...