• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tarheel
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • N. Carolina

Bench Grinder Wheel Wobble

I have an 8" VS Delta grinder. I just received a new Norton 120 grit wheel for it (along with a new Wolverine jig). When I finished mounting the new wheel, I though I would take for a test spin. Wow!!! That thing had a side to side wobble of what looked like about 1/8" movement. Shut it down and took another look. The wheel is designed with a 1" hole and they also send a 1" to 5/8" arbor bushing. I made sure that the bushing was centered on the wheel and remounted it to the arbor. Same darn thing! Wobble, wobble!!????

Anyone out there ever experienced this and can tell me a good plan of attack to fix it?

I haven't had that much experience with bench grinders and the original Delta wheels (46 grit and 80 grit) seem to run true?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Wayne
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

either the wheel is bent or the arbor is bent.
    Swap wheels with the other side and see whether the wobble follows the wheel or arbor.

although, if the original whhel does not wobble then it would seem to be the new wheel.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Don't forget to try a different arbor bushing. If it's off, nothing will be right.

Comment

Working...