Cutting 2mm (5/64") strips on TS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BTC3K
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2007
    • 16

    #16
    Thin Rips...

    I SAW THE IDEA ON ROCKLER AND MADE MY OWN...

    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...56&filter=THIN

    Comment

    • niki
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 566
      • Poland
      • EB PK255

      #17
      Thank you so much

      David
      You are correct, the sled is free-floating but your idea is very good...not only, but it will make it safer to pull the sled back after every cut (I'm taking the sled around and bring it back to the start point) and by that, speed up the operation...very, very good and cleaver idea...thanks

      Now, as for the rollers, well, I get them in Poland sorry, I don't know about USA

      BTC3K
      I know this method (you can find it on many sites, just google "strips on table saw") but, I don't like to move the fence after each cut and the second problem with this method is that, if I want to cut a strip, for example, of 5/64" from a 1/8" wide material...I don't think that it's possible.
      What I'm trying to say is, if the material (wood) width is too small, you are too close to the fence...you need some minimum width at least to put your push stick.

      Regards
      niki

      Comment

      • BTC3K
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2007
        • 16

        #18
        I Agree...

        You Are Right About The Real Thin Stuff...1/8" Or Less.. This Is Only For Trimming From Larger Stock And Not Caring About Limitations.
        I Use This For A Lot Of Trim Off Of Scrap...

        Comment

        • Crash2510
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 830
          • North Central Ohio

          #19
          niki terrific idea

          granted the magazines offer only $100 dollars but if you take up every page in every magazine you could make a living of it
          Phil In Ohio
          The basement woodworker

          Comment

          • dlminehart
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2003
            • 1829
            • San Jose, CA, USA.

            #20
            BTC3K, does that bearing come with the featherboard or did you add it on? Looks like it would be an easy add on to any miterslot-mounted board.
            - David

            “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

            Comment

            • BTC3K
              Forum Newbie
              • Apr 2007
              • 16

              #21
              Bearing...

              It is a bearing from a router bit...drill hole for the screw...use forstner bit...and you are in business.

              Comment

              • Stytooner
                Roll Tide RIP Lee
                • Dec 2002
                • 4301
                • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                • BT3100

                #22
                Great stuff, Guys. I get asked often about how best to cut thin strips. I generally recommend the old fence sled with rear cleat method.

                I like the idea you came up with, Niki. It is truly unique. I have never seen anything like this. I agree that it should be submitted to the mags as well. A for sure top winner. You consistently amaze me with the ideas you come up with. I think you rank right up there with Rod.
                Lee

                Comment

                Working...