Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Critter Spray Gun Question

Good morning everyone!

Anybody ever used one of these siphon feed spray gun? All the Amazon reviewers seem to have had good experience with it. My question is would my pancake compressor be sufficient enough to get me started with this? or Do I need to buy a huge compressor just to be able to use this? What would be the minimum Air compressor capacity requirements for a spray gun like this?

Thanks a million!
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Critter says it will work with 3 cfm @ 90 PSI, that's well within the
    capability of most pancake compressors with 1.5 HP motors.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

I use it with the PC 6 gallon pancake, and have had no problems (apart from the noise of the compressor ).

The only reason you'd want a bigger compressor is for the larger tank. The critter works best at real low pressures (think 30 PSI !) - little overspray, good accuracy, so the CFM is not an issue at all. But it is an HVLP, so if you were spraying (say) a door, you could expect a 6 gallon to be circulating most of the time.
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

I've used it 6-7 times with my PC pancake compressor. Setting the pressure between 15 and 30 depending on what I'm spraying seems to do the trick. Seems the thicker the type of product being sprayed, the higher the setting needs to be.
        As I set up to spray, I experiment until I get a good pattern. Typically will start at 15 and work up if need be.

Note: most of my spraying projects have been fairly small, but the compressor will run fairly consistently
        Last edited by jhart; 09-05-2007, 08:06 AM. Reason: adding comment
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

Working...