• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newood2
    • Aug 2004
    • Brooklyn, NY.
    • BT3100-1

Instructions for Freud SD206 Dado

I got the SD206 from Amazon today. The only instructions that came with it was this folded paper insert(shown both sides) that's hardly readable.
    Is there some other place to get a 'how to setup' instruction manual, or this is it?

Howie
    Last edited by newood2; 12-09-2008, 04:41 PM.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

scan it and enlarge it to print or use an enlarging copier to make a bigger print copy.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
      • May 2003
      • Orlando, FL, USA.
      • BT3000

Instructions and Shim Spreadsheet

The instructions that came with my SD206 (ten years ago) are easier to read, but very brief.

INSTRUCTIONS
      Here is a link to Tom Hintz's site.
      http://www.newwoodworker.com/usngstkddados.html

SHIMS
      I created an Excel workbook to help determine the shims needed to increase a dado to the perfect width. Zip file attached.

The outer dado blades plus chippers usually produce a dado that is narrower than you need. Add shims to the stack to increase the width to the perfect size.

One way to determine the shims needed is to run a dado with no shims. Measure the width. Subtract that measurement from the width that you need.

The workbook chooses the shims that you need to most nearly fill that difference.

- Lonnie
      Attached Files
      OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• scorrpio
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Wayne, NJ, USA.

ROFL.

When I got my SD206, I did not even notice it came with instructions. I just took my calipers to all the parts and made a reference sheet to follow.

Comment

Working...