Gloatius Maximus genus Table Saw

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MBG
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2003
    • 945
    • Chicago, Illinois.
    • Craftsman 21829

    #16
    Originally posted by thrytis
    Mike,

    How does the mobile base lock down? Is the the Delta base? The cabinet looks like it would cover where the flip lever belongs. Is the cabinet fully supported on the base or does it have its own wheels?
    It is the Delta base. I removed the flipper. I added 6-swivel double locking casters. Makes it very easy to move around. Although, sometimes I think about putting 2-fixed casters on to tame it a bit. I have found that once I wheel it out the casters are 90 deg to the load applied to the saw and I don't really have to lock the casters down. I do lock them when routing. I'm used to it now, but, the casters added about 3" to the height of the table.

    I rigidly attached the cabinet to the rails, cast extension, and base. I shimmed it at the base. It makes for a very stiff assembly. The extension top is very flat since I put shims between the cabinet and top before fastening them together (I forced it to be flat).

    Comment

    • MBG
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2003
      • 945
      • Chicago, Illinois.
      • Craftsman 21829

      #17
      Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
      Looks like you have a Shard guard there. How do you like it? I took the blade guard off last night to make some rabbets and I definately don't want to have to do that everytime! That screw is bound to end up taking a ride through my cyclone!
      I bought the Delta, quick-release sliitter to go with the Shark - talk to Lee you may not need it. You can see I have the 4" port on top. My other saw had the 2-1/2". To tell the truth - I think the 2-1/2" is better. The 4" hose is much heavier than 2-1/2" which tries to push the Shark to one side or the other and it's almost too much suction on top - I ended up putting a gate on mine.

      Mike

      Comment

      • Scottydont
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • 2359
        • Edmonds, WA, USA.
        • Delta Industrial Hybrid

        #18
        Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
        Did you replace the framing or the entire thing? I think the material is great, just the frame that stinks.
        Mine has the shorter rails so it does not have the support legs like yours so the frame was not the issue. I thought it looked like a Cadillac with cheap hub caps. (OK, I'm a tool snob.) But not enough to make me fit in at Woodnet.net
        Last edited by Scottydont; 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM.
        Scott
        "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

        Edmonds WA

        No coffee, no worky!

        Comment

        • cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • 15216
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

          #19
          Congrats Jeffrey. You're gonna love the saw. I bought my first Uni in the early seventies, and used it for 25 years. A little tip on the Biesemeyer. Treat the index indicator with care, and be gentle with the adjustment screws. Also in tightening the fence down, I adjust with very little pressure. The cam action doesn't need to be cranked down hard. I didn't buy their table, but rather made my own. I've made a castered base and wing table with casters, so the whole shebang can be moved.
          .

          Comment

          • thrytis
            Senior Member
            • May 2004
            • 552
            • Concord, NC, USA.
            • Delta Unisaw

            #20
            Originally posted by MBG
            I bought the Delta, quick-release sliitter to go with the Shark - talk to Lee you may not need it. You can see I have the 4" port on top. My other saw had the 2-1/2". To tell the truth - I think the 2-1/2" is better. The 4" hose is much heavier than 2-1/2" which tries to push the Shark to one side or the other and it's almost too much suction on top - I ended up putting a gate on mine.

            Mike
            Lee has Sharks for the stock splitter mounting, the Delta Removable Splitter, and the Biesemeyer Snap-in Splitter. Do you have the Delta Removable Splitter or the Biesemeyer? When used with the Shark Guard, do you feel that it is worth the extra cost?
            Eric

            Comment

            • Bruce Cohen
              Veteran Member
              • May 2003
              • 2698
              • Nanuet, NY, USA.
              • BT3100

              #21
              RIC & MIKE, YOU BOTH SUCK!!!




              BRUCE
              "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
              Samuel Colt did"

              Comment

              • Jeffrey Schronce
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2005
                • 3822
                • York, PA, USA.
                • 22124

                #22
                Originally posted by MBG
                I bought the Delta, quick-release sliitter to go with the Shark - talk to Lee you may not need it. You can see I have the 4" port on top. My other saw had the 2-1/2". To tell the truth - I think the 2-1/2" is better. The 4" hose is much heavier than 2-1/2" which tries to push the Shark to one side or the other and it's almost too much suction on top - I ended up putting a gate on mine.

                Mike
                I have always been so confused about the Shark set up. I thought I had a quick release splitter with optional prawls. I am really looking for quick release and DC.

                Comment

                Working...