• Show
Clear All
  • lcm1947
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Austin, Texas
    • BT 3100-1

Blade brake went out on DeWalt DW369

I've had this circular saw for about 5 years now and while this is a pretty good amount of time I bet I not used it more then 24 times or so and for just a few cuts each time at that. I just at least up until recently just flat haven't used it much. Anyway the blade brake went out. How long do CS's last anyway. Isn't 5 years kind of a short period of time especially not having used it much? I thought years and years and years. Maybe not. Anyway anybody know how to fix this problem or would I need to have it serviced. If serviced I think it would be smarter to just buy a brand new saw although like I mentioned this thing is still new darn near it. I called a service dept and they said it would be best for me to come in and have the whole saw checked and serviced which would run $90 some dollars with tax. Heck I can buy a new one for $139.00 or there abouts. But like I said it's still brand new usage wise. I sure thought DeWalt would hold up better then that and why I paid what I feel is very good money for it. Heck a Ryobi would probably last this long! Anyway if it's something simple I'd like to know to see if I could fix it if not I may just buy a darn Ryobi.
    May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

if you read the recent posts on the miter saw blade brake issues, you would see that the braking is done by two contacts in the switch that are closed when the switch is off, and an extra wire and a windingon the saw motor.

So either the switch is dirty/broken (most likely) or the extra wire broken or the winding open. Doesn't affect the function of the saw but I guess the safety.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

Thanks for the reply Loring. I appreciate it. I'll take a look.
      Last edited by lcm1947; 07-13-2007, 06:38 PM.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

Working...