DW 788 Scroll Saw.. Yea or Nay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • siliconbauhaus
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 925
    • hagerstown, md

    #16
    Cheers Sarge!

    I'm trying to set up my shop as economically as possible but without resorting to buying b&d type stuff.

    Got my bt3 wtk for 160
    hitachi bandsaw from Jeff for 100
    sears ras for 100
    assorted hitachi power tools

    I'm getting there
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

    Comment

    • SARGE..g-47

      #17
      Eveng SbH...

      You indeed seen to be getting there and the tools you mentioned are not bad quality at all.. quite the contrary I might add. I do like some of the Hitachi power tools. I purchased an 1/2" drill to drive screws with 4 years ago. That puppy has got some torque, so I took a shot at a 3/8" Hitachi drill the other day as my Bosch has been about as far as a Bosch will go. I like it...

      I love their SCMS and miters.. and even though I purchased a PC circular, I wouldn't hesitate to get theirs as I think it to be a good value tool and will do serious work.

      Do my best to give HSC a call Tuesday after they open as I'm also curious about that question. The only Hitachi tool I've seen I don't care for is that monster BS. It was a good idea... but they did a poor job of designing it, IMO. And we're not talking about the smaller one you purchased.. but the large re-sawer.

      Regards...

      Comment

      • siliconbauhaus
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 925
        • hagerstown, md

        #18
        Sarge, and I do use that out of repesct,

        When I was back in England, I use to know a lot of people who work for the Post Ofiice Engineering
        group. My Mum used to deal with them for supplies.

        Anyways the head bloke told me about Hitachi saying they were the "business" ( a english term..excellent otherwise ) so I started buying hitachi. Anyways fast forward 15 years and I still buy hitachi. I've never had a problem with anything of so I guess I like to play if safe. Hence why I'm on the lookout for the things that hitachi have decided ( unwisely ) to disontinue.

        I got the 13/14" bandsaw off of Jeffrery not to long ago. I think its way better than the saw you mentioned but I might be wrong. I lashed it up the other day ( for a lack of term ) and cut some angled cuts for the sandbox and it was amazing for me.....it was so quiet I had to pay attention it was still running.

        Anyways....enough of my bollocks.

        If you can find out anything Sarge, I'd apprecate it...otherwise I'll carry on as I have so far.

        Cheers and all the respect a civilian can offer
        パトリック
        daiku woodworking
        ^deshi^
        neoshed

        Comment

        • SARGE..g-47

          #19
          Morning Siliconahaubaus...

          PM sent regarding Hitachi Re-conditioned and availability of the Lowe's Exclusive floor drill press...

          Check your box, mate...

          Comment

          Working...