• Show
Clear All
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by gordons
    Ken, have you or anyone else compared these products to Klingspor's papers? If so, I would appreciate a comparative. I only use Klingspor and have found it to be more durable and better all round than both 3M and Norton - not to mention much cheaper too than the big box pricing.
    Hi Gordan,
    I've been using some Klingspor as the old supply of Mirka is consumed. It is, IMO, as good as Mirka in the finer grits.
    I am finding the Rynogrip doesn't load up as easily as the Kligspor and with my DeWalt and Ridgid ROS's there is less swirl left after the final grit. I usually check for swirl before hand sanding with the grain by wetting the stock with MS and using a raking light. I hate surprises as the first coat of finish goes on.
    The results will be affected by the sander, the one with the power cord and the one with two legs. applying downward pressure to an ROS, tilting a sheet sander, etc. will cause swirls, dips, etc. regardless of the paper, as I'm sure you know.
    IA has a 30 day 'no questions asked' guarantee if you find that you still prefer the Klingspor.

Comment

• cork58
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Wasilla, AK, USA.
      • BT3000

Good site!

I tried these folks a few years ago on some industrial paper and was very happy with them. I have since been out of the business and didn't remember they had wood product as well! Thanks for the reminder! I just placed an order.

Cork
      Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• jbalders
        Established Member
        • Oct 2003
        • Vienna, VA, USA.
        • BT3100 + Shopsmith

Originally posted by bdk5
        I've tried going to the website several times on different days, but all I get is an error message. Anyone else have this problem?
        They're using a nonstandard port to run their web server on. Note the ":8082" in the URL you ultimately get redirected to. http://www.industrialabrasives.com/ sends you to http://commerce.riverweb.com:8002/index.html

It's possible you're using some web proxy or firewall that doesn't permit http connections to web servers running on port 8002. The default is port 80, if no other port is specified.

As the head network security person at work, it drives me absolutely bonkers when people do things like this. This wouldn't make it through our corporate firewall, since we block pretty much all non-standard outbound traffic. So I guess they're not getting any orders from the 450+ people at my company, at least while they're at work.
        Last edited by jbalders; 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM.
        Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

Working...