• Show
Clear All
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Better Sandpaper and Customer Service

I have long been an advocate and user of Mirka Gold sandpaper. After reading raves about RHYNOGRIP (made in Portugal) paper from Industrial Abrasives and needing some fine grits I ordered a couple of 50 count boxes for the 5" 8 hole sanders.
    After using it for a few weeks I was sold. I do indeed find it sands better, leaves less scratch patterns and is better at not clogging.
    As a bonus it is cheaper than Mirka is at Amazon.
    Thanks to Ken Weaver I recently scored a German made Ridgid 2610 6" 6 hole ROS at a great price. I ordered 4 boxes of H&L paper for it from Industrial Abrasives, the price for this size is $10 less than for Mirka.
    A day after I placed the online order a lady from IA called and let me know that if I ordered 5 boxes there is a $2/box discount. She didn't try to convince me to order more, just letting me know about the reduced price. Great service, IMO.
    Well, yesterday in the mail was a letter from IA with a copy of the invoice and a hand written note that they had accidently charged $1 too much for shipping, $8 instead of $7.
    AND, there was a nice crisp $1 bill in the letter.
    To me this is impressive customer service and a superior product.

Oh, a $50 order gets a free gum rubber sandpaper cleaning stick also.
  • Hoakie
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Iowa
    • Craftsman 21829

SHAZAAAM! It sounds like they are in a league of their own when it comes to customer service. You don't hear about many experiences like that in this day and age.
    John
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Belt and disc prices look great. Customner service is almost a thing of the past, especially that good!

I bookmarked the site to try later. Want to compare prices on strips for the drum sander first.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• messmaker
        Veteran Member
        • May 2004
        • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
        • Ridgid 2424

I will give them a try when I get a chance.It just seems like we have way more than our share of good suppliers in our field. Good C.S. seems to be the rule rather than the exception. I wish it were that way for the rest of the things I order.
        spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
          • Dec 2006
          • hagerstown, md

bookmarked for future sandpaper purchases as soon as I run out of the $3 packs of 3m I got from big lots
          パトリック
          daiku woodworking
          ^deshi^
          neoshed

Comment

• Popeye
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Woodbine, Ga
            • Grizzly 1023SL

I bought 5 boxes of 50 recently for the ROS. Great stuff. They're fixing to get an order from me for drum and disk sander paper. Pat
            Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Tom Slick
              Veteran Member
              • May 2005
              • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
              • sears BT3 clone

great timing!! I just scored a bosch 1250 6" sander (at $90 off I have to add) and need a bunch of discs for sanding and repainting a bunch on my house.

Thanks for the link!

I just bought $110 of discs from them.
              Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Tom Slick
                Veteran Member
                • May 2005
                • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                • sears BT3 clone

I recieved a call from Polly at IA today that my original online purchase total was $99 before shipping but the actual amount would be $87. great service and they are very nice on the phone!
                Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

Anyone try their drum sander paper? Price certainly looks good. Service sounds outstanding. I need to load up my dual drum.

Comment

• bdk5
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2004
                    • Chicago, IL, USA.

I've tried going to the website several times on different days, but all I get is an error message. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Liberty, SC, USA.
                      • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by bdk5
                      I've tried going to the website several times on different days, but all I get is an error message. Anyone else have this problem?
                      No problem here this morning, try http://commerce.riverweb.com:8002/shop.html which the link above redirects to.

Comment

• justaguy
                        Established Member
                        • Jun 2006
                        • Chesapeake VA

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                        Anyone try their drum sander paper? Price certainly looks good. Service sounds outstanding. I need to load up my dual drum.
                        I haven't tried the drum paper yet but I will be ordering some soon. I needed a replacement feed belt for my Performax 16-32. Most places have the belts in the $35-$40 range. I contacted them by email and they made me two for about $12.00 each. The replacement belts are not plastic backed like the original feed belt. If anyone is interested I provide feedback on how they fair under use.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • York, PA, USA.

Went in to place order and noted sales tax. Hmmm. Checked company info and it is in Reading PA. Interesting, I will be in Reading next week?!

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Liberty, SC, USA.
                            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                            Went in to place order and noted sales tax. Hmmm. Checked company info and it is in Reading PA. Interesting, I will be in Reading next week?!
                            Don't go, Jeff!
                            You went to Wilke and now they're going outa business!

Comment

• gordons
                              Established Member
                              • Aug 2003
                              • Charlotte, NC, USA.
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Ken, have you or anyone else compared these products to Klingspor's papers? If so, I would appreciate a comparative. I only use Klingspor and have found it to be more durable and better all round than both 3M and Norton - not to mention much cheaper too than the big box pricing.
                              Gordon
                              I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Comment

Working...