• Show
Clear All
  • Papa
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Williamsburg, VA
    • Ryobi BT3000

Aluminum Extrusion

Some time ago, I believe someone posted a link to a site where you could buy lengths of the aluminum extrusion that the BT3 miter sled and rip fences were made of. Does anyone still have this link?

Thanks,
    Papa
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

I am guessing your talking about 8020.net.

They are also on Ebay.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

No, the 80/20 stuff is neat, but not the same profile as the fences. I must have missed that thread. I have seen the long extrusions sold as accessories but that has been awhile ago.
      Lee

Comment

• whitecobra
        Established Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
        • BT3K with most accessories

Are we talking about an extrusion for the front an rear rails?

If so I want to replace mine

Right now I have one full length set up on the right side of the saw and a half length on the left
        I would like to remove them all and simply have ONE rail front and back that is 10' long

If you know where I can get the front and rails simply as extrusions that would be awesome

Dr D
        Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
        www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by whitecobra
          Are we talking about an extrusion for the front an rear rails?

If so I want to replace mine

Right now I have one full length set up on the right side of the saw and a half length on the left
          I would like to remove them all and simply have ONE rail front and back that is 10' long

If you know where I can get the front and rails simply as extrusions that would be awesome

Dr D
          There are three extrusions on the BT3. All custom made by Ryobi
          1) front rail
          2) BACK RAIL
          3) rip fence/miter fence (the same extrusion, different lengths)

WC/DrD - rails only ever came in 42" lengths unless you know someone well at the extrusion maker that Ryobi uses.

Papa - Ryobi sold a length of this rip fence extrusion called a long rip/miter fence. Forget the length (must have been like 36"?). you could replace the miter fence or bolt it to the face of the rip fence for longer rips.

you can still find it very occassionally on e-bay or similar classifieds here.
          may be available from Ryobi authorized parts suppliers
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• whitecobra
            Established Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
            • BT3K with most accessories

Loring
            As usual THANK YOU
            Wish I knew someone I would take a few 10' pieces tomorrow

As for the long miter fence they are on Ebay all the time
            I bought one about 2 months back as one of my guys messed up one I had BIG time and I was tired of trying to smooth out the rough spots
            Was about $25 as I recall

Dr D
            Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
            www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

Working...