X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

craftsman model of bt?

What is the model # of the Craftsman TS that's supposed to be the equivalent of the BT3000?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Tom H
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2006

I made the decision to buy after lurking around this site for a while.

It retails for $450, regular price. I joined the craftsman club, waited until it went on sale, and got it for $350. I've never owned a TS until now, so experience is limited, but I like.

You might have to wait for a while to get one, they seem to often be on back order. I had to wait about two weeks after ordering. That was after waitng a month for the CC membership to go through. If you decide to join CC, stay on them or you might never get the membership. I have no idea why they are so inefficient with the memberships (or at least they were this time).

Edit: oops. sorry about that.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom H; 02-10-2007, 07:43 PM. Reason: Didn't know what I didn't know.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jussi
      What is the model # of the Craftsman TS that's supposed to be the equivalent of the BT3000?
      The 22811 was the nearest equal to the BT3000. The 22811 has not been sold for a few years.
      Th 21829 is the nearest to the BT3100; the 21829 is the one currently offered.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Minor correction

The current one 21829 is the equivalent of the BT3100. The 22811 is the equivalent of the BT3000.

Wanted to give a correction, since you might be looking at used.

There is one other poster, who may have even an earlier version (different number) or a later number (after switch recall?)

Lchien beat me too it, typing while answering the phone, LOL.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

ah ok, Reason I asked is because I did buy a used Craftsman. It was 22801 so I guess nothing like the BT series? I got it for a real good price though ($40) so I think I'll give it a try. Funny thing is I was considering saws 3-4 times this one I saw at CL. The saw was pretty dusty but no rust and most of the accessories were still wrapped. I'll try her out for a week or 2 and at worst I'll sell it and hopefully have enough for a better saw.
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Russianwolf
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
            • One of them there Toy saws

315.221850 is another model number for a Craftsman BT3 clone. This is the saw I got from SiliconBauHaus.

the one you picked up doesn't appear to have adjustable rails or the SMT.
            Mike
            Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

Working...