Anyone used/own a Craftsman 17511 router?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • supper shaun
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • 85

    #1

    Anyone used/own a Craftsman 17511 router?

    I found one at Sears for $45. No manual is a bummer and the online reviews I've read aren't exactly glowing. I would rather spend the extra $100 for something that will work well. I'm having a hard time getting the bit level to adjust as well so any advice is greatly appreciated (even if it return that piece of junk and put the $45 toward something worthwhile).
  • LCHIEN
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2002
    • 22084
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

    #2
    2003 review in popular mechanics:

    http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...36.html?page=1

    It's a cheap router. At least it has 1/4 and 1/2 shank capability.
    If you only plan to get one router This would not be it.
    (but we as a group own 2.6 routers apiece - my survey here - so maybe we all bought one like that once).
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

    Comment

    • supper shaun
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2006
      • 85

      #3
      I saw that review. I guess I'm trying to convince myself to ignore the awkward feel and focus on $45 for 1 3/4 HO w/ VS.

      Comment

      • eezlock
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 997
        • Charlotte,N.C.
        • BT3100

        #4
        Originally posted by supper shaun
        I found one at Sears for $45. No manual is a bummer and the online reviews I've read aren't exactly glowing. I would rather spend the extra $100 for something that will work well. I'm having a hard time getting the bit level to adjust as well so any advice is greatly appreciated (even if it return that piece of junk and put the $45 toward something worthwhile).
        I bought one in a weak moment a couple of years back...it sits on the shelf
        and everytime I look at it....I think to myself why did I buy this? I would not
        waste my money on it again. Save your money and buy a good router,
        Dewalt, makita, Milwaukee or Bosch the name brand good stuff and a couple of years down the road you won't be wondering the same thing like I did!

        Now, I have a Dewalt 616 and a Porter-Cable with a d-handle, these are the
        workhorses of the crowd! eezlock

        Comment

        Working...